Sunday, June 23, 2013

New Orleans Literary Tour

  There is something about New Orleans, especially the French Quarter, that just makes you want to read…and write.  Maybe it’s the history, the music or the haunted buildings.  Maybe it’s the legacy of Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, and Anne Rice.  Whatever it is, you’re sure to feel it moving in your soul when you walk the humid, colorful streets with names like Conti, Burgundy (emphasis on “gun”) and Bourbon.  Whenever I get to NOLA, I just want to rip my shirt open, scream, “Stella!!!” and pick up a book…or a pen. 


  I just returned from the Horror Writers Convention/Bram Stoker Awards at NOLA’s Hotel Monteleone.  What could be more fun than selling a book about Royal Street than actually doing it on Royal Street?  Even better than signing books, were my slow walks around the Quarter that revealed one deposit of great books after another.  Here are a few favorites.






You can take a great literary tour of NOLA by calling Ms.Inez and asking for a Heritage Literary Tour.  The number is 504-451-1082

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is wonderful, T.R. I've shared it on Facebook, and of course spread the word everywhere else.
    Perhaps you'd like to stop by mine, take a look at the Blogroll and leave a comment for my guest Trish Jackson. I've offered all of you to use this space to either advertise your work or write about anything you like. You'd be a most welcome guest.
    http://www.martamerajver.com.ar/marta/index.php/blogroll

    ReplyDelete